Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Just Thinking

 Just Thinking
I am just sitting here thinking about all of the good things in my life. The more I think about it the more I realize how blessed I really am. I have a good job. The people there are nice enough. My husband loves me in spite of me getting up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. My dog loves me even tho I spank him and send him to the yard when he has an accident in the floor. Accident I say....I really know it was on purpose. Sitting here once again and wondering what more can I do to win souls. How can I reach someone. I ask Benny if he would go door to door with me to invite people to church. NO! is kinda the response I got not quite so harsh though. I have a burden and don't know what to do with it I just know that I need to do something. I have to do something. The other day I met a man with lung cancer which has went to his brain. He is in his right mind and while I was talking to him he ask me to pray for him. I said how about now he nodded his head yes and said now. I laid my hand on the site in his right lung and I prayed. I did not necessarily pray for a healing but more I prayed that he would not be in pain anymore. I prayed in the name of Jesus that the root of that cancer would shrivel up and die. At the sound of that name the man began to use his hands, something he had not been able to do in weeks. He could all of a sudden feed himself. He cried, I cried. I don't know the full outcome and I may never meet him again but I do know that on that day God delivered a miracle because someone believed in that name...The name of Jesus.  Just sitting here thinking what could we do if we really believe? If we used that name to the extent that it was meant to be used. I want to use it more. To call on it for all things. If I stump my toe...In the name of Jesus...If I need financial help...In the name of Jesus....If my head hurts...In the name of Jesus...If I meet someone on the street who don't know Jesus...In the name of Jesus....What can we do through the power of that name....Just thinking

John 14:14

   If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.