Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Spirit of a Servant

The Spirit of a Servant
Tonight I was around a lot of people yet so all alone. Of course when they spoke to me I answered with a 
smile yet on the inside my heart was distraught. The place inside which felt sadness was so because as they sat around cursing and making obscene jokes I was talking to God about their needs, about the condition of their souls. I did not pray aloud as at other times but from my heart to his. I prayed for them and their families, I prayed because the world is a dark dark place. The funny thing is that they will never know that someone sitting across from them in this very public place was crying inside. I bow my knees and my heart. No one notices as I take the back of my hand and brush away the wetness as my eyes fill with tears and I go about my day to day at a public job. Today, this day I feel broken, no not as broken as I want to be as I need to be. I fast so that my flesh will allow the spiritual part of me to cry out, to travail, to weep for my world, my city,my family, your family. Am I crazy? No I yell no but as I read in the Bible about all those great men of God who carried the burden of their time I feel the calling to pray like never before. I feel upon me the spirit of a servant and also I pray that God will never let this spirit depart from me. I am consumed with a fire a passion for the lost. As I pass people on the street I whisper a prayer. As I see people in their cars my heart goes out to them. And then I weep as someone who has lost a loved one with deep groanings which can not be quenched. Again I am encapsulated with travail. And I do not want this spirit to depart. 

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.