Monday, September 24, 2012

Spiritual Cravings

Spiritual Cravings
Curbing your cravings is like wanting to eat high calorie foods without restraint. I find the more I think of the things of God the more I want to think on those things and sadly vise versa. I have found myself lately wanting more of God therefore I listen to christian music. I pray under my breath when I am at work. I pray for others at divers times. My thoughts are often on good things. I like it like that. I do this on purpose. A confession...I really like watching ID on TV but recently I have felt bad about it because no good thing is there. It is about murders and really bad people and sadness. I had got to where I watched it ALOT. So in my quest to win souls I started feeling a twinge in my spirit about it. A twinge that I do not want to ignore. Why do I want to feed my spiritual self that kinda stuff. So I am on a fast. I am fasting ID. I am intentionally being careful what I allow myself to view. How can I watch things like that and really be what God wants of me. Will I ever watch it again? I don't know but serving God is one day at a time and for now I choose to give up things that does not help me to achieve being the best that I can be in His service. And on I go doing whatever it takes...Conquering and molding my Spiritual Cravings.


Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.