Friday, September 21, 2012

Prayers Answered

Prayers Answered
Sometimes I wonder which prayers I have prayed that really have come true. Some of them are
obvious while some are hidden. Today I was painting and praying again for Anniston, for our world and for God to heal our land. Benny came into the room and I ask him if I could teach him a Bible study. He said yes but what he said next caught me off guard. "Will you teach me to pray too" he ask. Of course I said. I guess some things I just take for granted like praying and just instinctively knowing what words to say. I fail to consider that some people struggle with words as they pray. One of the things I have been praying of late is that God will put the words in my mouth which need to be said. Sometimes I don't have the knowledge or understanding to pray the right things. I am not an elaborate speaker and my words are few but since praying this way I have noticed a difference in the things I ask for. I have been asking for things I have never mentioned before. Again as I sit here I see that map. The one of the city we are trying to reach. Each time I look at it I remember to pray for souls there. I noticed a small airplane in the corner suggesting an airport I am sure. It made me think to pray for God to send angels to Anniston. Angels, both warriors and reapers to help subdue the forces of the enemy.  Cover us Oh God and help us to be effective as we live for you, as we share you with our world. 
Happy Birthday Benny I love you


James 5:16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.