Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Blessed Disease

The Blessed Disease
How can such an oxymoron exist. Surely Disease is either good or bad. I have never given this much thought other than to pray for healing each time a loved one is diagnosed with some mysterious sickness. I remember a sermon I heard once that told of a little lady that came to the minister with a headache. The church whispered a quite prayer not really giving it much thought. Then another person came with the diagnosis of cancer and requested prayer. The preacher cleared his throat and with a deep voice of concern said with great sincerity "Gather Round  Saints". When we pray we need to realize that to God cancer is no greater than having a headache. With a moving as a slow settling fog God can heal either of them the same. I believe God really does heal sometimes in response to a gentle whisper or a groan and sometimes to the deep heart felt throws of bitter moaning. Either way I know it is true that he is touched by the feelings of our infirmity. That means that he cares. To believe that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord is the source of trust and faith and hope. Of knowing that everything in his word really is true.  The Blessed Disease. Recently I myself was diagnosed with an Immune disorder in which I don't make enough immune cells to fight disease. They sent me to an infectious doctor and he told me that a simple cold could kill me. He recommended a treatment called IVIG to give me the immunity of others. It is a blood derivative so I agreed to the treatment. It made me horribly sick with a severe headache with which I could not lift my head off the pillow for days. I had a fever and severe nausea. I can not do this because I had to miss three days of work and felt like I would die. It was ordered monthly. I have been to church and prayed for about my problem. What to do? I have really been contemplating the absurdity  of trusting God for my healing. I know I know...what if he don't heal me but right now I am just thinking about what if he does and again I say He is touched by the feeling of our infirmity. So I think if he cares like his word said then maybe just maybe he will heal me. What if he does?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.