Thursday, May 19, 2016

It's No Time To Sleep

It's No Time To Sleep
     In the early morning while the world is sleeping I awake. No not by choice but yet by choice. It's 1:30 a.m. Yes I could roll over and go back to sleep as my body desires to do but again my thoughts roll over and over in my head and sleep eludes me. I am consumed with a burden for souls. I realize that some people who read this may think I am crazy or at least a little off but not so, this is what a burden feels like. Tears roll down my cheeks as I cry out for a world that is lost and more real to me, for our children and grandchildren. I am reminded once again of the verse in Luke 23:28  where Jesus told them. Daughters of Jerusalem weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. Who will pray in this day when things are so hurried and the world says things don't matter. That it is ok to live like you want and dress just any old way. When they call good evil and evil good. I want to shout to the top of my lungs. People of God wake up! Pray! Arise in the early morning and late at night. Bow on your knees at noon time and early afternoon. Wherever you are whatever you are doing stop and cry and pray for God! the one true God to look on us with compassion and love and save our world. To forgive our sin. To send back again the spirit of old time conviction. Conviction that will call us to pray once again and to arise out of our sleep because people are dying and going to hell and who will pray for them if not us, if not me. Conviction that won't let us slumber and sleep spiritually. Conviction that makes us look at ourselves through magnifying glasses and see who we really are, what we really believe. Conviction that will make us change from the comfortable to the necessary, that will wake us up in the middle of the night because our people are lost. Who, I ask will hear that call and stand in the gap and make up the hedge and do the uncomfortable to make a difference. Please God! Let it be me. Wake me up tonight, and tomorrow night, and the next night, and help me to pray, to weep, to cry for souls...That is what he did in the garden of   Gethsemane and that is what our calling is. Thank you God for choosing me, for trusting me with this gift. Help me ever be found on my knees before you until my world is saved.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wonderful words from people who love God.